Everyone loves fun facts. Fun, fun, fun! Drs. Eckler & Black thought you might enjoy these little factoids!
• There are nearly 4 million people in orthodontic treatment throughout the United States. Three out of four are younger than 18.
• The first mechanical treatment for correcting irregular teeth was suggested by Gaius Plinius Secundus (A.D 23-79).
• The American Association of Orthodontists is comprised of more than 12,000 members in the United States, Canada and abroad.
• The time required to complete orthodontic treatment ranges from 12 to 36 months depending on the nature and severity of the problem.
• Of the 160,000 dentists in the United States and Canada, 8,000 are practicing orthodontists.
• The cement that attaches the braces to the teeth is now made with a special fluoride-releasing substance.
• Wires activated by body heat used in today’s braces originally were developed by NASA for use in the space program.
• In addition to alleviating or preventing physical health problems, orthodontics can boost self-esteem as treatment aligns teeth, jaws and lips.
• Famous orthodontic patients include: Dr. Joyce Brothers, Hale Irwin, Cher, Diana Ross, Phyllis Diller, Chelsea Clinton, Whoopi Goldberg, Daisy Fuentes and Brandi.
Trust your smile to Drs. Eckler and Black Orthodontists! For more than 40 years our goal has been to exceed our patients’ expectations by providing orthodontic care in a patient-oriented, comfortable environment. As Certified Orthodontic Specialists, our doctors have the experience and training required to make certain we meet the individual needs of each patient for a healthy, beautiful smile. Whether you’re interested in traditional braces or a more cosmetic option like Invisalign, you will receive a customized treatment plan, personalized care and individual attention at every visit. Contact either Mississauga orthodontic office or Brampton, ON orthodontic office to schedule your complimentary consultation and learn about the best treatment option to suit your unique goals and needs. Come in and discover how we can help you. Have a great weekend!