There are so many rumors out there about what’s good for your teeth, what’s bad for your teeth, what will make your teeth crooked, what will discolor your teeth, and so on. Your Orthodontic Treatment with Drs. Eckler & Black will progress quickly if you follow these simple rules!
• You may want to stick to a soft diet for a few days after your braces are placed.
• Brush your teeth at least 3 times per day
• Visit your dentist regularly to have your teeth cleaned and checked for cavities
• Keep all of your scheduled appointments. Limit the number of breakages. Missing visits and excessive breakages will prolong your treatment.
• Call the office if a wire or bracket is broken or causing discomfort.
• Avoid sticky, chewy, hard foods and any foods that are high in sugar.
• Avoid hard pizza crust, nuts, hard popcorn kernels, caramels, gummy bears, gum and toffee.
• Cut up apples and carrots into bite size pieces, remove meat from chicken wings and ribs and remove corn from the cob.
• Chewing on pencils or ice cubes can cause your braces to break.